Atlanta, GA LTE (Live)

danielholt

Ok guys, discovered another new live LTE site between Atlanta and Athens, in Duluth area.

Approx address for reference:

Steak N' Shake

820 Lawrenceville Suwanee Rd

Lawrenceville, GA 30043

If you drive around that area, I saw up to 20mb down / 10mb up. YMMV depending on how close to the tower, it was dark and I had never been to the area before, so no time to investigate (was on way home from braves game, GO BRAVES!)

Screenshot_2012-05-17-22-40-45.png

Screenshot_2012-05-17-22-41-13.png

Screenshot_2012-05-17-22-37-19.png

• Like 10

This is awesome, I was over in that area two weeks ago and I didn't get anything at all.

Ok guys, discovered another new live LTE site between Atlanta and Athens, in Duluth area.

Approx address for reference:

Steak N' Shake

820 Lawrenceville Suwanee Rd

Lawrenceville, GA 30043

If you drive around that area, I saw up to 20mb down / 10mb up. YMMV depending on how close to the tower, it was dark and I had never been to the area before, so no time to investigate (was on way home from braves game, GO BRAVES!)

Screenshot_2012-05-17-22-40-45.png

Screenshot_2012-05-17-22-41-13.png

Screenshot_2012-05-17-22-37-19.png

Not that impressive considering you are probably the only person on the tower using LTE.

If this is what it looks like under load I would be very impressed. Hopefully it's due to the weak signal.

Not that impressive considering you are probably the only person on the tower using LTE.

If this is what it looks like under load I would be very impressed. Hopefully it's due to the weak signal.

Man you should totally re-read what I wrote.

• Like 3

Danielholt: Why you have to use Steak n Shake as a reference :angry:??????? I'm in love with the frisco melt, every time I arrive on orlando airport, my first stop is steak n shake.... damn.... /rant :lol:

Back to topic.

Thanks for giving info and looking for more live sites!!

Wait what? 20mb down and 10mb up isn't impressive? Unless you are talking about his screen cap which tells me you didn't take the time to actually read anything.

• Like 2

I sat in steak n shake and did those speed tests, it was late and i wasnt going to drive around screening all the different neighborhoods, I gave you guys the info you need to go forth and pioneer your own set of tests ;-)

• Like 4

If you guys want to *drool* and get all technical... Here is a snapshot from one of my 20+mb tests last night ... geez.

The coordinates on the map test are about a few blocks off, this test was probably done right around

the intersection of 317 (Lawrenceville Suwannee Rd) and Duluth Hwy.

My future reporting is not going to have the fastest speed test shots, I've already proven the near limit capability of what these towers are doing right now... my purpose is just to inform you guys that these sites are LIVE and usable. I'm using a totally unmodified galaxy nexus directly from Sprint, I'm not a Sprint employee, I have no hook ups, this is just right out of the box goodness.

Screenshot_2012-05-18-08-39-33.png

• Like 4

Man you should totally re-read what I wrote.

Well don't blame me for jumping straight to the screen caps LOL

The screen caps you just posted are much better.

I guess it will be sometime before LTE gets strained.

When the OG Evo first launched I used to get 10Mbps down and 5Mbps up.

Now it never goes above 5 down maybe 2 up, which is great if it was consistent but it's not sometimes 3G speeds are faster.

Hopefully the capacity and operation under load will perform better than wimax does.

Your expectations are still aim'ed too high. Youre not going to drive all over the united states and hit 30mb down at every corner, nor do you need it. I was hitting almost 9 mb down sitting in a restaurant, comfortably watching game replays with my bud, and uploading high res photos from the game without a hitch. Nothing out there gets consistant speeds all over, not even my verizon mifi LTE, which is probably one of the more impressive LTE devices live in the united states right now. All we can hope for is nationwide coverage to bounce from tower to tower, instead of being isolated in 1 little spot of town.

• Like 2

Your expectations are still aim'ed too high. Youre not going to drive all over the united states and hit 30mb down at every corner, nor do you need it. I was hitting almost 9 mb down sitting in a restaurant, comfortably watching game replays with my bud, and uploading high res photos from the game without a hitch. Nothing out there gets consistant speeds all over, not even my verizon mifi LTE, which is probably one of the more impressive LTE devices live in the united states right now. All we can hope for is nationwide coverage to bounce from tower to tower, instead of being isolated in 1 little spot of town.

Now who's not reading?

I said if I was able to get 5 megs down and 2 up consistently that would be great.

The most data intensive app I use is Plex to stream my media from home which only has 2 MB's up so 5 down on my mobile is good enough.

Well don't blame me for jumping straight to the screen caps LOL

The screen caps you just posted are much better.

I guess it will be sometime before LTE gets strained.

When the OG Evo first launched I used to get 10Mbps down and 5Mbps up.

Now it never goes above 5 down maybe 2 up, which is great if it was consistent but it's not sometimes 3G speeds are faster.

Hopefully the capacity and operation under load will perform better than wimax does.

Sprint wimax had a capped upload of 1meg up which later got bumped up to 1.5meg. You may get a little more than that but not 5megs up, thats for sure.

Sprint wimax had a capped upload of 1meg up which later got bumped up to 1.5meg. You may get a little more than that but not 5megs up, thats for sure.

It's been a while since i've seen decent wimax speeds but I was definitely getting higher than the speeds you quoted.

It's been a while since i've seen decent wimax speeds but I was definitely getting higher than the speeds you quoted.

Sprints wimax upload speeds has always been capped, download speeds were different.

Sprints wimax upload speeds has always been capped, download speeds were different.

I'm getting just below 1mbps up on 3G now so it's highly unlikely that wimax would be capped at 1 and 1.5.

I'm getting just below 1mbps up on 3G now so it's highly unlikely that wimax would be capped at 1 and 1.5.

Your 3g performance has nothing to do with your wimax performance. Again, sprints wimax has always had a cap on the upload speeds, at first it was capped at 1meg then it got bumped up to 1.5 sometime around the beginning of 2011 if I am not mistaken. In either case what I am saying is a simple google search away.

im washing my hands of this conversation.... good day gentlemen.

Don't let the bad apples spoil it for you and us.

Personally, I find your info very informative.

Granted I am in the ATL area so it interests me more than others.

Keep up the good work.

Do you leave the CDMA/LTE on all the time?

Is it affecting your battery life?

Thanks.

Mav. :cool:

• Like 1

I cycle back and forth because sometimes the LTE autodetect is too slow to pick up a new LTE tower. My battery life is fine.

What's fine to you?

Just trying to get better feel for what your trying to describe.

I had a Galaxy Nexus on Verizon back in december and battery life was terrible.

Granted I had LTE on all the time, I had to charge the phone by 2pm everyday.

I cycle back and forth because sometimes the LTE autodetect is too slow to pick up a new LTE tower. My battery life is fine.

Glad you are getting decent battery life on your phone. I'll be glad to get good battery life on my new Viper too.

Honestly, I don't see a difference in battery life whether I leave it on cdma or lte/cdma.

Honestly, I don't see a difference in battery life whether I leave it on cdma or lte/cdma.

Very glad to hear that. I haven't been able to put my new phone thru any strain yet as I need Sprint to fix my account and data provisioning. Something went wrong yesterday. But after that, I will give it a good run.