digiblur ROM 2014.01.23 [Note2] [MK4]

digiblur

Yep, I quickly looked around the app for an option to get rid of the all white background, sent an SMS, got one back, turned it off and signed out. I would use the app if it wasn't so dang ugly.

hmmm I wonder what's causing me to not see the sms options, they are no where to be found for me.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

hmmm I wonder what's causing me to not see the sms options, they are no where to be found for me.

Not sure. I just checked mine and it's right there plain as day in the settings. Mine says 2.0.122 in the about screen of the app.

So with the recent discovered issues with SVDO and SVLTE on the New Sprint LG devices, it's not looking good for digi to transfer this ROM to another device and staying with Sprint.

So with the recent discovered issues with SVDO and SVLTE on the New Sprint LG devices, it's not looking good for digi to transfer this ROM to another device and staying with Sprint.

Not sure I understand what you mean.  It's been known for a while now that SVDO and SVLTE were not on those devices.  I'm still riding it out here.  The question is, does Sprint want me to stay as a customer.  It's up to them based on the amount of roaming I have due to the my work site still being broke. My account has been noted many times but I will not put up a huge fight if I get a letter.  I will call them and point them to the notes.

• Like 1

Not sure I understand what you mean.  It's been known for a while now that SVDO and SVLTE were not on those devices.  I'm still riding it out here.  The question is, does Sprint want me to stay as a customer.  It's up to them based on the amount of roaming I have due to the my work site still being broke. My account has been noted many times but I will not put up a huge fight if I get a letter.  I will call them and point them to the notes.

Sorry, below is more of the issue I'm referring to, over in the SCP thread:

We have a number of recent posts on this phenomenon -- both in this thread and in the Nexus 5 thread.  I am not sure where to respond.  But I will at least run down the basics here.

Since the Nexus 5 is a non SVDO, non SVLTE handset, it is connected to only one airlink at a time.  This may seem foreign now, since we grew accustomed to first SVDO, then SVLTE over the past few years.  But some of you should recall the years prior to SVDO handsets.  You could have an active EV-DO data session yet still receive an incoming call -- even though EV-DO did not support circuit switched voice.  The data session was paused, as the handset dropped back to CDMA1X to take the call.

Something similar is happening in this case.  Support is baked into the 3GPP protocol.  Since SVDO and SVLTE are out of the equation, the handset camps on LTE.  Meanwhile, the CDMA1X radio is off because there is only one radio path.  When a call comes in, LTE signals the handset to drop back to CDMA1X for circuit switched voice.  Then, the CDMA1X radio comes alive.

This may sound complicated, but it is almost exactly what happens to those high and mighty W-CDMA users.  I have posted this numerous times, but many people fail to realize that almost no W-CDMA handsets support SVLTE.  They idle on LTE, but LTE signals them to drop back to W-CDMA or even GSM for circuit switched voice -- much as described above with LTE and CDMA1X.

Oh, to add one more thing, I would have to double check, but I expect the VZW variant G2 supports SVLTE.  So, it may behave differently from the Sprint variant, which does not support SVLTE. 

AJ

I don't see it as an issue, just a feature to save battery power.  No worries here.

For hunting it seems a pain in the *** to me.

SO i read the entire thread....

can you pull apks out?  like the google music or the other music app??

or how do i change what pops up when i plug ear phones in??

ohh liking it more and more, now that i was able to pop swype back in....

oh and thanks to Bosox for walking my ignorant ass through it   :mad2:  :mad2:  :mad2:

SO i read the entire thread....

can you pull apks out? like the google music or the other music app??

or how do i change what pops up when i plug ear phones in??

ohh liking it more and more, now that i was able to pop swype back in....

oh and thanks to Bosox for walking my ignorant ass through it :mad2::mad2::mad2:

I don't think Google music is in the ROM? Try uninstalling it? Not sure about the ear phones question can't find an option in settings? But I use power amp so its all good.

I don't think Google music is in the ROM? Try uninstalling it? Not sure about the ear phones question can't find an option in settings? But I use power amp so its all good.

Google Music shouldn't be in there since it is a standard play store app so I left it up to the end user to install it or not. The stock one is though. It can be removed or frozen using Titanium backup. Do a full backup in TWRP recovery though in case something doesn't like it.

What does it say when you plug in headphones? I do it several times a day but honestly never paid attention.

Google Music shouldn't be in there since it is a standard play store app so I left it up to the end user to install it or not. The stock one is though. It can be removed or frozen using Titanium backup. Do a full backup in TWRP recovery though in case something doesn't like it.

What does it say when you plug in headphones? I do it several times a day but honestly never paid attention.

thanks you just created more work for me lol. I don't mind though it forces me to learn new things. I think he's referring to when he plugs headphones a music app comes up or something? Not sure? I sent him your ROM and put swype back in it for him, as well as the db apks so he could get the 48 GB account.

thanks you just created more work for me lol. I don't mind though it forces me to learn new things. I think he's referring to when he plugs headphones a music app comes up or something? Not sure? I sent him your ROM and put swype back in it for him, as well as the db apks so he could get the 48 GB account.

Dropbox is another play store thing, and once you sign up for the free space one time you don't have to use the stock version again.

No app comes up for me when I plug in headphones.

smart ass.... :dazed:  :dazed:

but its true  :frantic:  :frantic:

anyway, I use power amp to, and yea it comes on 1st thing when you plug in the head set (i think i can fix that in its settings)

but this extra screen and the music player....now if it was power amp (or what ever player you load) then great

Screenshot_2013-11-16-09-06-35.png

you can scroll out of it, and some of the apps are handy, like my sports one...but that music one bugs oh 1 more thing whilst i sit here...yes i pulled google music off, from the store...but this one on the top....

Screenshot_2013-11-16-09-11-34.png

ok well the top ones i removed through the store...(uhh guess i better check next time :blush:  :blush: )

but the 1 still comes up on plug in..

ok its the page buddies thing, under display...

and you can turn off the headphone 1....

BUT i ldont mind the page...i just wonder if you could make power amp take the player thats on there, place??

ok well the top ones i removed through the store...(uhh guess i better check next time :blush::blush: )

but the 1 still comes up on plug in..

ok its the page buddies thing, under display...

and you can turn off the headphone 1....

BUT i ldont mind the page...i just wonder if you could make power amp take the player thats on there, place??

Freeze the stock music player in Titanium Backup.

Looks like the stock sprint 4.3 release is live. If interested the link is in the main Note 2 thread.

< nothing to see here, move along >

Won't be worth a damn to me unless digi is able to rip KNOX out of it.

We will see if the date holds and of course if Knox gets in the way of others testing things out.  If I brick my device it would give me a good excuse to pick up maybe a Nexus5 but with the 1+ year broken state of NL03ME012 still pissing me off everyday it would have a different color SIM in it.

I think he's already looking into it to see if it's worth the hassle.

Yup he is kind of bummed about Sprint's handling of a site he uses all the time. If he doesn't I would understand but I want to try a 4.3 build once one like his no bs rom is out somewhere, but I don't expect worlds of difference, more of just staying current for me.

Yup he is kind of bummed about Sprint's handling of a site he uses all the time. If he doesn't I would understand but I want to try a 4.3 build once one like his no bs rom is out somewhere, but I don't expect worlds of difference, more of just staying current for me.

I can turn off LTE and force roam like a pro now ;)

I don't worry about it anymore. I just jump over to VZW and do my thing. If they send me a golden ticket then so be it. Sell my phones and go to AT&T. It's their fault they don't want my account anymore.

I haven't seen anyone post up the update yet so it's a hurry up and wait thing.

• Like 2

And poof...you guys jinxed it.  Kicked to the weeds over to channel 100 there goes my data icon.  It's after 9am here so LTE is dead like usual.  VZW it is for the rest of the day.  Off to let the Sprintcare folks know again I'm roaming...