Push notifications?

jamisonshaw125

Since the tapatalk update I have gotten not 1 push notification. Even to threads I am subscribed too. Is anyone else experiencing this issue besides crimsonknight and I? And if you are, do you have a fix...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Since the tapatalk update I have gotten not 1 push notification. Even to threads I am subscribed too. Is anyone else experiencing this issue besides crimsonknight and I? And if you are, do you have a fix...Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No fix known. It's been doing that for a while. Not sure what keeps causing it either. :/

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Since the tapatalk update I have gotten not 1 push notification. Even to threads I am subscribed too. Is anyone else experiencing this issue besides crimsonknight and I? And if you are, do you have a fix... Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I get a few. But I'm noticing it gives me the same notification over and over, even after I've click on it to open the app and have read the thread. 

• Like 1

It works sometimes for me and other times it doesn't. My satisfaction with tapatalk seems to go down with each update. I also haven't been able to edit post for months.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

I get a few. But I'm noticing it gives me the same notification over and over, even after I've click on it to open the app and have read the thread.

So it appears that Tapatalk has gone to crap for push notifications in general.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 2

I've experienced that issue, but with other apps on push notifications. It appears the notification center never really collapses the notifications unless you click the x, which is stupid because you've already opened and read it by clicking on the notification.

Anyhow, I haven't gotten a single notification. Before the update it was hit or misss, but now it's just never. I have resorted to using timeline and the actual notifications part of the app just to see what has changed or if anyone responded to me.... At least on mobile.

I've experienced that issue, but with other apps on push notifications. It appears the notification center never really collapses the notifications unless you click the x, which is stupid because you've already opened and read it by clicking on the notification. Anyhow, I haven't gotten a single notification. Before the update it was hit or misss, but now it's just never. I have resorted to using timeline and the actual notifications part of the app just to see what has changed or if anyone responded to me.... At least on mobile. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The notification center in the app has never worked for me. It just sits there, saying "Loading" for hours on end if I let it. 

I literally have no idea what the threads are going to look like anymore when I open the app. I just go through either timeline or subscribed to see what's changed.

The notification center in the app has never worked for me. It just sits there, saying "Loading" for hours on end if I let it.

I literally have no idea what the threads are going to look like anymore when I open the app. I just go through either timeline or subscribed to see what's changed.

Seems like tapatalk and apple must work together on not making push notifications work properly. I was also referring to the actual drag down notification center. You'd think they would have the notification disappear when you click on it because you've now read or viewed it. Most commonly with Instagram or Facebook, I have to actually dismiss the notifications despite clicking on them to view them in the app.

Seems like tapatalk and apple must work together on not making push notifications work properly. I was also referring to the actual drag down notification center. You'd think they would have the notification disappear when you click on it because you've now read or viewed it. Most commonly with Instagram or Facebook, I have to actually dismiss the notifications despite clicking on them to view them in the app.

I don't have an Apple device, everything I was talking about was on Android... :P

• Like 1

I don't have an Apple device, everything I was talking about was on Android... :P

Well then tapatalk just needs improvements across all devices. And Apple needs to stop thinking I need to see my notifications after I've already seen them lmao.

I did receive a notification that Tapatalk has new server extensions for our version of IPBoard. I will try to install those updates tomorrow and see if that helps.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Test.

Just logged out and back in of the forum. Seeing if that resolves my push notification issue. Someone quote me please if you can.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

It randomly works on and off for me, I just use timeline lol:P.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

It randomly works on and off for me, I just use timeline lol:P.

nope no notification. Must be a plug in or something outdated with the forum. No worries, back to timeline. It's just nice to have notifications because sometimes I miss replies because they get pushed far down on the timeline.

First world problems

• Like 1

nope no notification. Must be a plug in or something outdated with the forum. No worries, back to timeline. It's just nice to have notifications because sometimes I miss replies because they get pushed far down on the timeline.

First world problems

Exactly. I have given up on the issue. Oh well.. 

First world problems

It works on some forums and not others, which leads me to think it's a server software issue.  You can always go into the Notifications icon in Tapatalk and check it manually.

It works on some forums and not others, which leads me to think it's a server software issue.  You can always go into the Notifications icon in Tapatalk and check it manually.

Nope. That doesn't even work for me. Never has.

Frankly, at the rate Tapatalk is going, we should just shoot them with stun guns and find devs who can fix their crap.

Amen, i feel like each version or update is just a step backwards. I liked the original better, sure it wasn't as polished looking but it worked and i could edit post(a feature that hasn't worked for me for at least a year with different phones and tapatalk versions)

Amen, i feel like each version or update is just a step backwards. I liked the original better, sure it wasn't as polished looking but it worked and i could edit post(a feature that hasn't worked for me for at least a year with different phones and tapatalk versions)

Funny how editing works on the iPhone version without a hitch. Still baffles me. :wacko:

• Like 1

Funny how editing works on the iPhone version without a hitch. Still baffles me. :wacko:

Its just lately(in the past two days or so, and no it hasn't updated lol) gone screwy for me. Instead of editing my posts(when ive edited them), it shows me my old post and the edited one+_+. Time to go back to using chrome for everything but reading lol

Ive never had issues editing on tapatalk. In fact, I think it's a great app alternative to the website which I can use on safari but it proves to be tricky. Guess it's because I has an iPhone?

My only issue is the notifications at the moment.

• 2 months later...